Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies

These cookies were inspired by a recipe I have seen all over the net. It originated at Strawberry Cheesecake cookies from Elle's New England Kitchen.

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt (scant)
6 tablespoons butter, softened
6 tablespoons cream cheese softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup white chocolate chopped fine
1 cup frozen raspberries (not the ones in syrup, the ones that are flash frozen whole)

Preheat oven to 350
Line baking sheets with parchment paper
In a small bowl, sift together flour and salt, set aside
In a mixer bowl, cream butter, add cream cheese and beat until light and fluffy. Add sugar, beat until well incorporated. Add the egg and flavorings. 
Beat in flour until just combined
Add chocolate, beat in. Then add the frozen raspberries. I kept them frozen so it would be easier. This increased the baking time a bit. 
Use the medium scoop and drop onto prepared pans

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges
Makes a dozen and a half cookies. 

14 comments:

For The Love of Flowers said...

They look yummy...trying these!! Thanks for the recipe!!

Kristy said...

The instructions say to chop the chocolate fine, but I notice you seem to have used white Choc chips. Did you use the chips "as is" or actually chop them up? Thanks!

suzy said...

I chopped up the chips so there were flecks of chocolate all through out the cookie, not bursts of chips

Unknown said...

My cookie don't look like yours their still bubbling and slightly mushy. What am I doing wrong.

suzy said...

Were they a little brown around the edges? or more. Mine took a bit longer than the time I posted as my oven is a bit slow. Perhaps you they should bake a bit longer.

Rebecca F. said...

I made these with blue berries last night, somehow the store was out of raspberries. They turned out fabulous! I baked them for 17 minutes. I also made them gluten free :)

From Carly: said...

Rebecca F, I'm curious to know how you made them gluten free... would you share how you did it?

Anonymous said...

Made them at Thanksgiving and everyone loved...working on requests for Christmas!!

Jessica Wolf said...

Carly~
I use a gluten free baking mix that is found in some health food stores. It is in a blue and white box and its called "Domata". Its all natural, no dairy, soy or sugar, cup for cup exchange. and costs around $6 for a 20 ox. box or 2 1/2 cups.

R.G. said...

Hi, I found your blog via pintrest and made these last night (without the white chocolate). They were really good! Thank you!

AVCvet said...

So these did not turn out right at all. I followed the directions to a T, and they turned out like playdough. Anyone have any ideas? I'm at a loss here.

Unknown said...

I tried these yesterday and I couldn't keep my husband out of them. I added chopped pistachio's to mine. You could use different fruit, chocolate, nuts and really make this recipe go a long way! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

will fresh raspberries work?

Destiny said...

So did mine, now other recipes i see call for muffin mix.