Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mango Coconuts

I am not sure what to call this recipe. I adapted it from Roti and Rice.  I think maybe next time I will add a little cardamon and then, at least to me, they will have alot of Indian flavor.

Mango Coconut Gems

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped dried mangos
1/2 cup chopped raw pistachios
1/2 cup shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 350

 Combine flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside
Cream butter and sugar in the mixer till light and fluffy. Add egg, beat well. Add sour cream and vanilla. mix well.  Add in flour mixture beat till well combined

 Add in mangos, pistachios and coconut.
Drop by medium cookie scoop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with a spatula dipped in sugar. Sprinkle with big crystal sugar. I used plain color but a colored sugar would be pretty too Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies

No comments: