Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tahini Cookies

I have been on a search for dairy free cookies. This one fits the bill! That, and I  had left over tahini

Tahini Cookies

2 cups flour
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup tahini
2 large egg yolks
1/2 cup agave. I did not have agave. I did have apple syrup. I used that it was good. Maple syrup would be really good also
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Sugar crystals for rolling



In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Set aside
In the bowl of a mixer, mix, tahini, agave or syrup, lemon juice, vanilla and the two egg yolks. Beat till just well combined. 
Add the flour mixture and beat well. 
Use the medium scoop, drop ball of dough into sugar crystals.  Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes


Makes 24 cookies. 





No comments: